| Početna strana | Uredništvo | Časopis  | Uputstvo autorima  | Kodeks u  kliničkom i eksperimentalnom radu | Kontakt  |  
| Home page | Editorial  board | About the Journal | Instructions for Authors | Peer Review Policy | Clinical and Experimental Work Code | Contact  |


Acta Medica Medianae
Vol. 50, No 3, September, 2011

UDK 61
ISSN 0365-4478(Printed version)
ISSN 1821-2794(Online)


Correspondence to:

Ljiljana Blagojević

University of Niš

Faculty of Occupational Safety

Čarnojevića 10 A

18000 Niš, Serbia

E-mail: bljiljana@medianis.net

Original article                                                        

UDC: 331.46(497.11)"2005/2009"






Ljiljana Blagojević1, Ljiljana Stošić2, Branislav Petrović3, Dragan Spasić1 and Milica Drljević4

Public Health Institute Niš, Serbia1

University of  Niš, Faculty of Occupational Safety, Niš, Serbia2

University of  Niš, Faculty of Medicine, Niš, Serbia3

Clinical Center Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia4



The aim of our study was to assess the incidence of workplace injuries in the employees in the Clinical Center of Serbia in Belgrade, in the period 2005-2009. We used clinical documentation on workplace injuries and data were analyzed by descriptive epidemiologic method. Eighty three injures were registered from 2005 to 2009 with a rising trend (y=2.1x+10,5; R2=0, 4208). Forty out of 83 injured workers were health workers (doctors and nurses) (48.19 %); 43 out of 84 injured workers (51.8%) were non-health workers. Seven out of 40 injured health workers were doctors, and 33 were nurses. Among the non-health workers, the major number of injuries occurred in cleaners (13) and in workers employed in administration (12). Forty-eight out of 83 injures (57.1%) occurred in the workplace, while remaining 36 (42.9%) occurred on the way to work. Health workers had more frequent injuries at work compared to non-medical staff, but the difference was not statistically significant. Traumatism occurred most frequently due to falling (49-58.3%) and the most frequent cause of injuries was bad organization of the working process, responsible for 42 cases (50,60%). Upper and lower limbs were most frequently fractured, while contusions were the most frequent types of injuries. Two accidental needle punctures were observed only in nurses. No statistically significant difference was observed between health and non-health workers in regard to the severity of injuries, localization, source and way of sustaining injury, as well as the distribution of injuries during the week. Acta Medica Medianae 2011;50(3):27-33.


      Key words: professional traumatism, medicine, Serbia, health and non-health workers